* * wE CANNOT ACCEPT DOCUMENTS VIA EMAIL. dOCUMENTS MUST BE AN ORIGNAL IF SUBMITTED BY MAIL OR OVER THE COUNTER. IF SUBMITTING ELECTRONICALLY, PLEASE SEE the list BELOW OF E-RECORDING VENDORS.
Effective July 1, 2018
The following fee changes have been passed by Idaho legislation:
• Flat fee instruments with more than 30 pages will be charged $3 per additional page.
• Substitution of Trustee (up to 30 pages) will be charged a flat fee of $10.
Kootenai County instrument codes* affected by this legislation:
|DK||Redemption/Sheriff /Tax Deeds||$15|
|MD||Deed of Trust/Mortgage||$45|
|MY||Deed of Trust w/Fixtures||$45|
|Including Reconveyances (RC} with Appointment of Trustee/Substitution of Trustee (MP) contained within the same instrument for recording. They will be recorded as two separate instrument numbers, but only charged $15 for both recordings. * Please See Below|
|MP||Appointment of Trustee/ Substitution of Trustee||$10|
|XT||Power of Attorney||$25|
*These fees are for documents up to 30 pages in length. For each additional page over 30 pages, $3 will be charged.
*E-recorded Recoveyances (RC) with Appointment of Trustee/Substitution of Trustee (MP) contained within the same instrument will be charged as two separate documents. (MP) $10 (RC) $15
All other document types will be charged at the standard rate of $10 for the first page and $3 for each additional page.
Surveys: $5.00 per page
Plats: $11.00 (flat fee)
Conform copies are $0.50 per page
Please see Idaho Code §31-3205 for more information
Requirements for Recording
Documents must be:
- Signed by the grantor
Most documents also require a real property legal description or recording instrument number referencing a related recorded document. Forms are available through title companies and attorneys. You can also use templates found online.
View the following link for more information: Documents Recorded by the Kootenai County Recorders Office (PDF).
Recording by Mail or in Person
- By mail: Enclose the document, correct fee, and a self-addressed, stamped envelope for the return of your document
- In Person: Simply bring your document to our office with the correct fee; we will return the original to you at that time
View the steps on how to e-Record:
- e-Recording: Electronically record through one of our three vendors:
Requesting Copies of Recorded Documents
You can request a copy of a recorded document by mail, over the phone, or in person.
When requesting by mail, please:
- View and print the request form (PDF).
- Mail your request and payment to:
Kootenai County Recorder’s Office
P.O. Box 9000
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83816
If you are unable to print our form, please send as much of the following information as possible:
- Book and page
- Check or money order; copies of recorded documents are $1 per page and an additional $1 for certification
- Instrument number
- Party names
- Please also include an additional $1 for return of your document
- Recording date
- Type of document
- Your return address and phone number, and/or email address
- Visit our office and pay the appropriate fee