Recording Documents

Effective July 1, 2018

The following fee changes have been passed by Idaho legislation:

• Flat fee instruments with more than 30 pages will be charged $3 per additional page.

• Substitution of Trustee (up to 30 pages) will be charged a flat fee of $10. 

Kootenai County instrument codes* affected by this legislation:

DEEasement Deed$15
DKRedemption/Sheriff /Tax Deeds$15
DPPatent Deed$15

MDDeed of Trust/Mortgage$45
MYDeed of Trust w/Fixtures$45
MMSubordination Agreement$45


Including Reconveyances (RC} with Appointment of Trustee/Substitution of Trustee (MP) contained within the same instrument for recording. They will be recorded as two separate instrument numbers, but only charged $15 for both recordings. * Please See Below
MPAppointment of Trustee/ Substitution of Trustee$10

XTPower of Attorney$25

*These fees are for documents up to 30 pages in length. For each additional page over 30 pages, $3 will be charged.

*E-recorded Recoveyances (RC) with Appointment of Trustee/Substitution of Trustee (MP) contained within the same instrument will be charged as two separate documents. (MP) $10 (RC) $15

All other document types will be charged at the standard rate of $10 for the first page and $3 for each additional page.

Surveys:   $5.00 per page

Plats:  $11.00 (flat fee)

Conform copies are $0.50 per page

Please see Idaho Code §31-3205 for more information

Requirements for Recording

Documents must be:

  • Original
  • Completed
  • Signed by the grantor
  • Notarized

Most documents also require a real property legal description or recording instrument number referencing a related recorded document. Forms are available through title companies and attorneys. You can also use templates found online.

View the following link for more information: Documents Recorded by the Kootenai County Recorders Office (PDF).

Recording by Mail or in Person

  • By mail: Enclose the document, correct fee, and a self-addressed, stamped envelope for the return of your document
  • In Person: Simply bring your document to our office with the correct fee; we will return the original to you at that time


View the steps on how to e-Record:

Requesting Copies of Recorded Documents

You can request a copy of a recorded document by mail, over the phone, or in person.

When requesting by mail, please:

Kootenai County Recorder’s Office
P.O. Box 9000
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83816

If you are unable to print our form, please send as much of the following information as possible:

  • Book and page
  • Check or money order; copies of recorded documents are $1 per page and an additional $1 for certification
  • Instrument number
  • Party names
  • Please also include an additional $1 for return of your document
  • Recording date
  • Type of document
  • Your return address and phone number, and/or email address


  • Visit our office and pay the appropriate fee

More Information

View the legislation regarding recording fee changes.