Alcohol Beverage Licenses

Obtaining a New Beverage License

Before applying for your Kootenai County beverage license, you must be in possession of a current state license. Present this at the time of application . When applying by mail, send a copy of your state license, the completed county application, and fee with a self-addressed stamped envelope for us to send your license back.

Transferring a Beverage License

Complete our county application and provide a copy of the state license showing the new license holder.

The fee to transfer a beverage license is $5.00. Other fees may apply for changes in services. For example: adding liquor.

Temporary Beverage License

Your temporary state issued license (pink in color) needs to be presented to the Recorder's Office for approval by the elected Clerk.

Catering Permits

State and county beverage licenses must be current and a copy of the state license must be presented at the time of application. If the catered event is within city limits, you must get a catering permit from that specific city, not the county. The fee for a catering permit is $20 per day. 

Contact Information

If you have additional questions about requirements for new, renewal, or transfer licenses please contact Alcohol Beverage Control at 208-884-7060 or visit the Idaho State Police website.