Property Tax Sale
The 2023 Kootenai County Tax Deed Auction was held ONLINE Tuesday September 12, 2023 at 10:00AM (PT).
The sale website is: https://kootenai.id.realforeclose.com. For assistance with this website, contact Realauction.com directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877-361-7325. The tax deed auction takes place once a year. However, a secondary auction may be held whenever the Board of County Commissioners deems necessary to dispose of any unresolved properties from the prior tax sale or properties deemed surplus The list of parcels will be updated as redemptions are paid.
RealAuction will provide two Kootenai, Idaho Realforeclose Bidder Training Webinars prior to this year's auction. Please go to https://www.realauction.com/training to register. The two classes will be held August 17, 2023 at 9:00 AM (PT) and August 24, 2023 at 12:00 PM (PT).
The sales will be advertised in the Coeur d'Alene Press Newspaper no later than two weeks prior to any auction. The auction list will also be available at the County Treasurer's Office, at the front office of the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC), and online below.
Participating in the Auction
- Should any parcel not sell at Auction, the Board of County Commissioners will accept sealed written bids for purchase consideration. Please submit all written bids directly to the Kootenai County Board of County Commissioners for purchase consideration. The BOCC may sell the property, without further notice by public or private sale upon such terms and conditions, as the County deems necessary.
BOCC Reserves the Right
The BOCC reserves the right to reject any and all written bids or accept any written bid which may be made.
- The document issued is a County Deed; Idaho does not have tax lien certificates. Any sale made by the Board of County Commissioners of property acquired through tax deed shall vest in the purchaser absolute title to the land described therein, free from all encumbrances except mortgages of record to the holders of which notice has not been sent, any lien for property taxes which may have attached subsequent to the assessment, and any lien for special assessments (Idaho Code § 63-1009 and Idaho Code § 63-1005).
- The parcels being offered at the sale can be redeemed at any time prior to the start of the sale for that parcel. Only the people with redemption rights can redeem. After that, there is no right of redemption.
- You may access the 2023 Tax Deed Auction List (PDF) here.
- You may access the Results of the last Auction list here (PDF).
- You may access the Prior Properties offered at Tax Sales and still unsold online (PDF) here.
- You may access the Surplus Funds List (PDF) here.
- To submit a surplus claim for funds not submitted to the State please contact the Treasurer's Office at 208-446-1005.
- The last date to claim the 2023 tax deed sale surplus funds is December 4, 2023. Any unclaimed funds will be submitted to the State of Idaho Unclaimed Property
- The Kootenai County Board of County Commissioners approves the transfer of any outstanding surplus funds from tax deed auctions to the Idaho State Treasurer in accordance with Idaho Code 31-808. The State Treasurer shall keep and distribute the proceeds in accordance with Idaho Code 14-5. For information on surplus funds and claims, please contact the Idaho State Treasurer.
- If you find a parcel you are interested in, we strongly suggest contacting a local Title Company to answer your questions regarding title or legal description.
Parcels are sold "AS IS". There is no guarantee as to access, building or septic permits.