The Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) are looking for citizens that are interested in serving on BOCC county advisory boards. These boards offer the public a greater impact on local decision-making by providing recommendations directly to the appropriate decision makers. Applications are accepted year-round and are kept on file for a period of one year. Most appointments occur in the fall during our annual 'open application' period. Please complete a separate form for each advisory board for which you are applying.
Fall Application Period is Now OPEN for all advisory boards. Our application deadline is October 27, 2023 at 5:00 PM. If you have any questions contact: Jgillham@kcgov.us
- Airport Advisory Board (5 Potential Openings)
- Aquifer Protection District (4 Potential Openings)
- Board of Community Guardians (4 Potential Openings)
- North Idaho Fair Board (4 Potential Openings)
- Historic Preservation Commission (3 Potential Openings)
- Natural Resource Advisory Board (3 Potential Openings
- Noxious Weed Control Board (2 Potential Openings)
- Planning & Zoning Commission (2 Potential Openings)
- Snowmobile Advisory Board (3 Potential Openings)
- Waterways Advisory Board (3 Potential Openings)
Additional information regarding individual Kootenai County Advisory Boards may be found on the left-hand side of this page. Please note that some boards have specific parameters for appointment. Contact our office if you have any questions.
- Appointments to the Noxious Weed Advisory Board require a two year commitment.
- Appointments to the Board of Community Guardians and Fair Board require a four year commitment.
- All other advisory board appointments require a three year commitment.
- Most advisory boards meet at least once per month. Noxious Weeds meets only 2 - 3 times per year. Planning & Zoning Commission usually has at least one regular meeting per month but workshops and special meetings can be as frequent as once each week.
All advisory board meetings are open to the public and are held in accordance with the Idaho Open Meeting Law.
You may fill out the online application available here, or download an advisory board application using the links below. We also encourage submitting a brief one page resume. Questions can be directed to BOCC staff at 208-446-1600.
Return completed, printed applications by emailing the Board of County Commissioners or remit by mail to:
Kootenai County Commissioners Office
P.O. Box 9000
Coeur d' Alene, ID 83816