Who do I contact?

Kootenai County Snowgroomer Department: (208) 446-1289

- Trail Maps

- Trail Grooming Operations

- Program Administration  

Kootenai County Sherriff Office: (208) 446-1300

- State and Local Rules and Laws 

- Enforcement 

- Reporting Accidents 

- Vehicles Blocking Groomed Snowmobile Trails

- Vandalism 

- Search and Rescue Activities

Idaho State Parks and Recreation: (208) 769-1511

- State Snowmobile Registration

- Avalanche Safety Training 


•Forest Service:  (208) 769-3000

Report issues with any of the following:

- Forest Service Roads

- Downed Trees

- Gates

- Restrooms

- Shelters/Warming huts

Show All Answers

1. When are the trail barricades installed and removed for the grooming season?
2. What conditions are necessary to operate the snow grooming machines?
3. How is the Snow Groomer program funded?
4. Where can I park and unload my snowmobile?
5. Who plows Bunco Parking Lot and 4th of July Parking Lot?
6. What services does the County Snow Groomer Department provide?
7. Who determines which Snowmobile trails will be groomed?
8. Where can I register my snowmobile?
9. Who do I contact?