Do you have a list of approved Community Service work sites?

Diversion does not provide any referrals to any specific community service sites.  Community Service work must be performed with/for a non-profit organization, however Diversion accepts hours worked for ANY non-profit in the community. Options include churches, senior centers, community centers, libraries, schools, parks and recreation departments, the humane society, thrift stores, and social service providers.  Working for a private employer/business for no wages does NOT constitute community service.

Show All Answers

1. If a juvenile participates in the Diversion program, will any charges or convictions appear on their record?
2. How confidential is a juvenile’s participation in the Diversion program?
3. Can a juvenile in the Diversion program travel out of state?
4. Do you have a list of approved Community Service work sites?
5. Can a juvenile on Diversion get a Driver’s License?
6. Can a juvenile on Diversion apply for a job?
7. Who needs to be present for the initial meeting with Diversion?
8. Does the Juvenile Diversion program offer any services to juveniles who are not involved in the juvenile justice system? What kinds of services are offered in these cases?