What do I need if I am demolishing a building?

If the building is greater than 400 square fee, a report from an asbestos remediation company verifying that there is no asbestos in the waste must be obtained. Verification paperwork is available from any scale house, the administration office and can be printed here.  If the proper asbestos-free paperwork can not be obtained, the waste will be deemed asbestos contaminated and must follow all proper disposal protocol, found here.  

Show All Answers

1. Does the county pickup my garbage?
2. When are the transfer stations open?
3. What is a transfer station?
4. Where are the transfer stations located?
5. Who picks up garbage in Kootenai County?
6. Is the landfill located on Ramsey Road?
7. How much will it cost to bring my garbage to the transfer station?
8. Can I bring my garbage directly to the landfill?
9. I cannot get a garbage service to come to my home and the transfer stations are too far. What are my options?
10. What services do I get for the solid waste fee listed on my property tax billing?
11. When can I dispose of paint, gasoline and other household hazardous waste?
12. Why don't you recycle any other items?
13. How can I dispose of asbestos?
14. Can we take a tour of the facilities?
15. What do I need if I am demolishing a building?
16. How do I dispose of a dead animal?