Where do I file my Declaration of Candidacy?

Candidates running for Statewide, Legislative, and other State-level Offices file with the Secretary of State's Office in Boise. Candidates running for County Office file at the Elections Department at 1808 North 3rd St, Coeur d'Alene. Candidates running for office in a specific taxing district must file with the specific district, however petitions of candidacy must first be certified by the elections department.

Show All Answers

1. What do I need to do to run for office?
2. Where do I file my Declaration of Candidacy?
3. Do I need to fill out Candidate Financial Disclosure forms?
4. Do I need to file in person?
5. Why is my contact information needed?
6. Is my information displayed on your website?
7. What forms are available to me at the Elections Department?
8. Can I get a list of registered voters?
9. How do I find out who has been sent an Absentee Ballot?
10. When can I see a demonstration of the ballot counting machine?