What if I cannot afford an attorney?

You could make legal counsel aware of the cost prohibition of petitioning for guardianship or conservatorship. Some law firms charge according to income, or it may be possible for the potential protected person to pay the legal fees. Call the Guardianship and Conservatorship Monitor at 208-446-1247 for more information.

Show All Answers

1. How do I become a guardian or conservator?
2. What are least restrictive measures?
3. What if I cannot afford an attorney?
4. Am I liable for the protected person's decisions?
5. How often must I report to the Court?
6. Who reviews my reports?
7. Can I be paid for being a conservator?
8. What rights do persons under guardianship and/or conservatorship have?