Upcoming Virtual Public Meeting
Below are the schedules for Hearing Examiner meetings, Planning Commission meetings. and BOCC Hearings. If you want to watch the meeting, select the YouTube link. To testify during the meeting please select the Zoom link for the specific meeting you are interested in below on the day and time of the respective meeting.
|Hearing Examiner Dates:||Agenda||Sign Up to Testify||Testify Virtually (Zoom)||Watch Live (YouTube)|
Thursday, April 21, 2022 6:00pm
MSP21-0004, Ranch 54, a request by
Magnuson Properties Corporation, for
preliminary approval of a Major Subdivision
consisting of 27 residential lots on
thirteen (13) parcels totaling 142.5
acres in the Rural zone.
Case No. VAR21-0012, James and Susan
Howell for a 20 ft. variance to the 25 ft. front
yard setback on a 0.52 acre parcel
of land in the Restricted Residential zone.
Thursday, May 5, 2022 6:00pm
Case No. ZON21-0002, Kellner Zone Change.
The Applicant is requesting a Zone Change
from Agricultural to Rural for a
parcel of land approximately 50 acres.
Thursday, May 19, 2022 6:00pm
VAR22-0003, Mark Lazar Intervivos Trust for
a 15 ft. variance to the 25 ft. front yard
setback on a 0.47 acre parcel of land
located in the Restricted Residential zone.
The subject property is bisected by E.
Hayden Lake Road.
Meeting ID: 898 2637 6324
Meeting ID: 844 6490 9738
Meeting ID: 851 4144 9144
|Planning Commission Hearing Dates:||Agenda||Sign-Up to Testify||Testify Virtually (Zoom)||Watch Live (YouTube)|
Thursday, May 26, 2022 1:30pm
A. Review Draft Code for Fire District
Impact Fees (tentative)
B. Discussion of Outreach Plan for
Coeur d’Alene Tribe Re-zoning
C. Discussion of Outreach Plan for
Cougar Gulch Re-zoning
D. Discussion on Public Hearing Process
Meeting ID: 829 2357 5337
|BOCC Hearing Dates:||Agenda||Sign-Up to Testify||Testify Virtually||Watch Live (YouTube)|
Thursday, May 19, 2022 9:00am
SIGNINGS – Action Item
A. MSP21-0004 Ranch 54 (Vlad Finkel)
B. VAR21-0012 Howell (Vlad Finkel)
Thursday, June 9, 2022 6:00pm
PUD21-0003 Gozzer Ranch Golf
and Lake Club Planned Unit Development
(PUD), a request by Discovery Coeur d’Alene
Investors, LLC, for approval of an
amendment to the existing PUD
Call in number:
Meeting ID: 842 4636 2089
Governor Little made a proclamation that clarified Open Meeting Laws during this state of emergency include an option for communities to hear and decide applications through telecommunication devices.
Therefore, future Kootenai County public meetings will take place virtually using the Zoom online meeting application. Testimony will also be heard through the Zoom online meeting application. Public comments will be taken during the virtual public hearings by indicating a “raised hand” through the Zoom online meeting application. If you wish to provide oral testimony for the June 18th hearing, please sign up in advance of the meeting here.
For instructions on how to participate in the virtual meetings, please contact Community Development at 208-446-1070.
Future public meetings will also be available to view live on the Kootenai County YouTube channel .
Comments submitted on YouTube however will not be included in the record.
If you are interested in participating in the hearing via Zoom AND also plan to watch the YouTube livestream, please mute the device playing the livestream to eliminate echoing.
Physical attendance at the public hearings may be allowed at some point in the future with distancing guidelines IF the stay at home order (stipulating no more than ten people shall physically gather at the same time) is lifted PRIOR to the scheduled public hearing dates. Please watch the Community Development website for updates to scheduling.
Additional information may be obtained from Kootenai County Community Development, 451 N. Government Way, P.O. Box 9000, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83816-9000, 208-446-1070.
How to Participate
- If you wish to provide testimony for the June 18th meeting, please sign up in advance of the meeting here.
Preparing for the Virtual Public Hearing
- Virtual hearings are hosted through Zoom. Prior to the hearing, download the meeting software. Go to Zoom.us to learn more.
- Those that wish to testify are encouraged to test their settings using the Zoom Meeting Test. This is available at zoom.us/test.
- All hearings start promptly at 6:00 p.m. Use the link provided in the table above to attend a meeting you wish to attend/participate. It is recommended that you have the Zoom meeting portal up and ready before the meeting.
During the Virtual Public Hearing
- Please be patient, as this is a new process for all of us.
- Please be respectful of others and in the delivery of your testimony. We reserve the right to silence or remove any participant who is not respectful during public testimony.
- All public hearings are moderated by an emcee who will allow participants (called “Attendees” in Zoom) to speak in an orderly fashion similar to the typical public hearing procedures.
- If you experience technical difficulties, please contact the Zoom Help Center.