Upcoming Virtual Public Meeting
Below are the schedules for Hearing Examiner meetings, Planning Commission meetings. and BOCC Hearings. If you want to watch the meeting, select the YouTube link. To testify during the meeting please select the Zoom link for the specific meeting you are interested in below on the day and time of the respective meeting.
|Hearing Examiner Dates:||Agenda||Sign Up to Testify||Testify Virtually (Zoom)||Watch Live (YouTube)|
Thursday December 17, 2020 6:00pm
Case No. VAR20-0009, a request by Stephen and
Laurie Petroni for a 25 ft. variance to the 25
ft. rear yard setback requirement on a 0.34-acre
parcel of land in the Restricted Residential zone.
Case No. MSP20-0001, Walking Horse Estates 1st
and 2nd Additions, a request by Walking
Horse Partners, LLC, for preliminary approval of
a 31-lot residential Major Subdivision
Meeting ID: 860 3198 6795
|Planning Commission Hearing Dates:||Agenda||Sign-Up to Testify||Testify Virtually (Zoom)||Watch Live (YouTube)|
December 3, 2020 1:00PM
A. Policy work plan status update
B. Presentation and discussion on
subdivision policy issues
C. Discussion on 2021 Planning
Meeting ID: 860 4820 6840
+1 253 215 8782
|BOCC Hearing Dates:||Agenda||Sign-Up to Testify||Testify Virtually||Watch Live (YouTube)|
December 10, 2020 9:00am
No. ORA20-0006, regarding the Kootenai
County Building Code Ordinance
December 10, 2020 6:00pm
Case No. ORA20-0003, a request by Kootenai
County to amend various sections and tables in
Title 8, Chapter 6, Kootenai County Code, and
to amend Section 8.8.205, Kootenai County
Project Planner: Mary Shaw
Case No. ORA20-0005, a request by Kootenai
County to amend Section 8.7.202 of the
Kootenai County Land Use and Development
December 17, 2020 9:00am
Case No Case No. ZON20-0006, a request by
Sadie Jo Hammond Trust for a Zone Change
from Industrial and Rural to Commercial of a
platted lot measuring approximately 5.000 acres in
Meeting ID: 814 9643 8729
Watch Live (YouTube)
Governor Little made a proclamation that clarified Open Meeting Laws during this state of emergency include an option for communities to hear and decide applications through telecommunication devices.
Therefore, future Kootenai County public meetings will take place virtually using the Zoom online meeting application. Testimony will also be heard through the Zoom online meeting application. Public comments will be taken during the virtual public hearings by indicating a “raised hand” through the Zoom online meeting application. If you wish to provide oral testimony for the June 18th hearing, please sign up in advance of the meeting here.
For instructions on how to participate in the virtual meetings, please contact Community Development at 208-446-1070.
Future public meetings will also be available to view live on the Kootenai County YouTube channel .
Comments submitted on YouTube however will not be included in the record.
If you are interested in participating in the hearing via Zoom AND also plan to watch the YouTube livestream, please mute the device playing the livestream to eliminate echoing.
Physical attendance at the public hearings may be allowed at some point in the future with distancing guidelines IF the stay at home order (stipulating no more than ten people shall physically gather at the same time) is lifted PRIOR to the scheduled public hearing dates. Please watch the Community Development website for updates to scheduling.
Additional information may be obtained from Kootenai County Community Development, 451 N. Government Way, P.O. Box 9000, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83816-9000, 208-446-1070.
How to Participate
- If you wish to provide testimony for the June 18th meeting, please sign up in advance of the meeting here.
Preparing for the Virtual Public Hearing
- Virtual hearings are hosted through Zoom. Prior to the hearing, download the meeting software. Go to Zoom.us to learn more.
- Those that wish to testify are encouraged to test their settings using the Zoom Meeting Test. This is available at zoom.us/test.
- All hearings start promptly at 6:00 p.m. Use the link provided in the table above to attend a meeting you wish to attend/participate. It is recommended that you have the Zoom meeting portal up and ready before the meeting.
During the Virtual Public Hearing
- Please be patient, as this is a new process for all of us.
- Please be respectful of others and in the delivery of your testimony. We reserve the right to silence or remove any participant who is not respectful during public testimony.
- All public hearings are moderated by an emcee who will allow participants (called “Attendees” in Zoom) to speak in an orderly fashion similar to the typical public hearing procedures.
- If you experience technical difficulties, please contact the Zoom Help Center.